Have you ever had a yen for a career in animal care? Ever fantasized about working as a midday dog walker or pet sitter? If caring for pets is your calling, you may be that unique, animal-loving person we are looking for to join our team! If you meet all the criteria outlined below, please take the first step, fill out the short employment interest form and tell us about yourself and why you are interested in working for us.
We would love to hear from you! If a position is open, interested applicants will be sent an employment packet and undergo a criminal background check. Hired applicants will complete an extensive training program.
Prospective applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a zoologist at heart
- Have an undying and genuine love and concern for animals
- Appreciate the prospect of a flexible schedule
- Can work independently and without supervision
- Be able to provide references, employment history and be able to pass a criminal background check
- Possess honesty, reliability, strong communication skills, common sense and good judgment
- Be able to communicate in English at the Native speaker level in oral and written form
- Demonstrate a keen ability to handle multiple tasks and changing information
- Be adaptable. Things change and we need staff who will not unravel when plans shift
- Be in good, physical health and fitness and be able to walk or run with a dog for at least 1-hour
- Tolerate adverse weather conditions. You will be expected to walk or run with dogs in rain, sleet, hail and snow!
- Own a reliable, insured, registered and inspected car free from associated parking or moving violations
- Own a smartphone or equivalent mobile device that can access the Internet while in the field
- Able to check e-mail communication daily and be responsive to both e-mail and text communication